As the most important production tool of the injection molding factory, it determines the shape, specification, size and appearance of the product. The material of the hardware mold is steel, which is generally composed of the front mold / rear mold.
Because the mold has the characteristics of specific precision and vulnerability, it is very important to protect the mold. The overall summary includes the following aspects:
1. Anti-rust: prevent the rust phenomenon caused by water leakage / condensation / rain / handprint etc. in the injection molding machine.
2. Anti-collision: to prevent the mold from collapsing due to the thimble broken or not retracted into place.
3. Deburring: Prevent mold burrs caused by cloth wiping / material punching / hand wiping / nozzle forceps / knife touches.
4. Missing parts: Prevent the mold from being damaged during the use of the mold due to the lack of tie rods / washers and other parts.
5. Anti-pressure: To prevent the die from being crushed due to the mold clamping caused by the residual products.
6. Underpressure: To prevent the damage of the mold caused by the excessively low pressure protection pressure.
Among them, there is a high proportion of mold damage caused by broken thimble, unreturned thimble in place, product left in the mold, lack of auxiliary parts, and more frequently, so more than 85% of mold damage is caused by this reason The maintenance cost of the mold is generally high, so how to avoid such a situation is directly related to the interests of the injection molding industry.
If the mold is damaged due to failure to take effective mold protection, Jinmatai will give you the following suggestions:
Precautions for mold maintenance
1. When disassembling the mold, avoid bumps and water spray, and move smoothly.
2. Spray hot mold, then spray a small amount of release agent
3. To carry out a comprehensive inspection of the mold and carry out anti-rust treatment: carefully dry the moisture and debris in the cavity, core, ejector mechanism and row position, and spray the mold anti-rust agent and grease. (The information in this article is from the Internet)
During the continuous work of the mold, mold maintenance is required due to problems such as wear of parts, deterioration of lubricant, water leakage, and plastic material crushing during movement.
Mold maintenance is generally divided into daily maintenance and lower mold maintenance
The daily maintenance of the mold generally includes the following aspects:
1. Regular rust removal (appearance, PL surface, cavity, core, etc.)
2. Periodically re-lubricate (ejection mechanism, row position, etc.)
3. Periodic replacement of wearing parts (rods, bolts, etc.)
4. Other places to pay attention to
The maintenance of the lower mold of the mold requires professional maintenance personnel to remove the mold and conduct professional test protection for the mold cavity and thimble.